Here I occasionally post some links to articles and other content that I have found inspiring. It is a collection of bookmarks for myself and for everyone else that might enjoy them. So there is a reason to return from time to time. I hope it gives you better insight into how I think and what fascinates me. And whether we may be culture fit or not.
Podcasts I listen to
Business of HYPE by Jeff Staples, Influencers with Andy Serwer, Freakonomics (occasionally), Algorütm (Estonian tech podcast), Waveform by MKBHD, Recode Media with Peter Kafka, Uncensored by Inc, That Creative Life by Sara Dietschy, Restart (Estonian tech podcast, they have had really good shows), IDA Radio talkshows (Vitamiin K, Materialism, IDA jutud), Hotboxin’ with Mike Tyson
During corona lockdown I made a separate subpage (in Estonian) where I recommend talkshows.
Just beautiful websites
Bustle, Input Mag, Poolside FM, blokdots, Haus, wwwstuudio (and their portfolio, this is what I think of when someone says “front-end”), Overclothing, WePresent by WeTransfer, GRRR, Dropbox blog, IDA Radio (absolute fan), Radio Helsinki, Ranno Ait (cool portfolio)
Articles that I have enjoyed
- The Truth About Faster Internet: It’s Not Worth It, WSJ
- The Devastating Decline of a Brilliant Young Coder Lee Holloway, Wired, 15.04.2020
- Why You Never See Your Friends Anymore, The Atlantic, 11.2019
- Sex, Beer, and Coding: Inside Facebook’s Wild Early Days, Wired, 07.10.2018
- Why drink is the secret to humanity’s success, Financial Times, 08.2018
- Branding in the Digital Age: You’re Spending Your Money in All the Wrong Places, HBR, 12.2010
- Great Hackers, Paul Graham, 2004
Forget The 10,000-Hour Rule; Follow The 10,000-Experiment Rule New!
by Michael Simmons in Accelerated Intelligence / finding the path
I’ve Got Some Things to Say
by Romelu Lukaku / process, purpose
What is a minimum viable product?
Crew Blog / process
Multitasking is Killing Your Brain
by Larry Kim, The Mission, Jan 26, 2016 / getting things done
If It Doesn’t Suck, It’s Not Worth Doing
The Mission, Jul 14, 2016 / entrepreneurship, goals
Warren Buffet’s Best Investment
by Bill and Melinda Gates, Feb 14, 2017 / perspective, values
Why 1 View is Everything
Gary Vaynerchuk, Jun 9, 2017 / patience, humility
A story about entrepreneurs I want to invest in, without even listening to their pitch.
by Piotr Wilam, Jun 5, 2017 / work ethics
The 100% Easy to Read Standard
iA Blog / design, typography, usability
The Work You Do, the Person You Are
The New Yorker, Jun 5, 2017 / mindset
“Let others succeed”: Google CEO Sundar Pichai’s simple but effective leadership style
Quartz, Jan 6, 2017 / leadership
2015: The Best Year in History for the Average Human Being
The Atlantic, Dec 18, 2015
Work, Sleep, Family, Fitness, or Friends: Pick 3
Inc.com, 2011. / career, entrepreneurship
Books and movies
- Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind by Al Ries and Jack Trout / marketing
- Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose by Tony Hsieh / leaderhip
- Start With Why by Simon Sinek / purpose
- Oblomov by Ivan Goncharov / process
- Helmut Newton: Frames from the Edge by Adrian Maben (1989)
- New version of blog.tr.ee that would look as good as Medium, linked to GA like metrix.ee and simple stats like Feedly.
- Find the nearest tire service with available times + booking.
- Send it to me in n days – service to give away a string of text and get back in after the defined period of time
- Blood analysis results interpreter for end consumer. Something like this but waaaaay better.
- Galleries and exhibitions database so that I could know what is up, where and if open.
- Tinder to find matching sparring partner.
- Hacker News type of feed of only important local news
- Loan and leasing calculator that people would actually understand (thank you, Taivo Reintal, for teaching me Principles of Finance)
- Rada7 type of events calendar, without registration, confirmation by e-mail. Update: 23pm.ee is in the making.
- Help to solve this issue with an online environment where you can authent with mID or Smart-ID and just order necessary things for free.